I went up to the vast northern estate last week to deliver the tractor and prep
some things for next week when the whole family goes up. Hauling a tractor is
very different from a car. I figure the tractor weighs around 4,000# but its
got the aerodynamics of a brick. Side winds got interesting. I never went over
75mph and spent most of my time around 70.
Anyway I got back into the "new" 1890s farm house and spent some time looking
it over with the former occupant. I'm still convinced it's got good bones and
will shape up, especially now that he's cleaned the place out and I can see it
for what it is. The first couple steps will be paint, windows and a tin roof.

The real revelation of the trip came when the former occupant told me that the
water heater hasn't been turned on for 30 years. He's lived without hot water,
in northern Maine, for 30 years.
The weather station in the camp says the coldest it saw last winter was
-33.5F...
-Curt