It had nothing to do with the bidding process, just the buying of senators.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 1:19 PM Mitch Haley via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 2021-05-27 12:53, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
> > I am in total agreement with you, except on one point which I hold as
> > very
> > important.
> > That point is, not all learning happens in school. Life does not give
> > participation trophies for attendance, only for performance.
>

> Ha. 3/4 of the US Senate wants to give a Bezos/Boeing space project a
> $10 Billion participation trophy for failing to win a contract.
>
> The actual contract award that was given to the better bid, well,
> Congress has agreed to pay $850 Million of the projected $2.9 Billion
> total.
>
> Let that sink in: The company with the better rocket at half the price
> gets less than a Billion, while Senators scramble to throw ten times as
> much at the loser.
>

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/bezos-blue-origin-may-get-second-shot-at-nasa-dollars-via-e2-80-98bailout-e2-80-99-amendment/ar-AAKnxOs

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!