On 2021-06-06 19:55, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
Personally, I consider hot running water to be the panicle of
technology that matters.
I'm re-doing a small cabin on a pond and I plan to route the water
lines such them I can gravity-drain them for winter.

I remember a cheap potable grade solar heater from about 40 years ago, I think I saw it in Popular Science. Basically, paint a big square piece of plywood black, and strap a coil of black poly pipe to it. I weather like we're seeing in Michigan these days, it'd get scalding hot in an hour or two.