I bought my '82 300CD under similar circumstances, and here is what I did:

1) Check the status of the fuel and fuel filters. If the prefilter is black, or the fuel itself is suspect, change the filters and drain the tank. No sense in fighting bad fuel.

2) Charge the battery fully

3) Pull the valve cover and liberally coat the cam with oil (I used Marvel Mystery oil, but anything is better than nothing). I changed the oil as soon as the engine had been started and run for a short interval.

4) Crank the motor over by hand several rotations and reapply oil to the cam, etc. Reinstall valve cover.

5) Hold the STOP button on the IP closed and crank the motor with the starter several rotations. You should see oil pressure register on the gauge after a short time, indicating that oil is circulating through the motor.

6) Attempt to start the motor. Interestingly enough, my motor started after a few seconds without glowplugs during step 5, which is why I recommend holding the STOP button.

7) Once the motor has been run long enough to come up to temperature, shut down and change all the fluids.

Good luck.

J.B.