This is a possibility, however, messing with the meter for most electrical
utilities is a major league no-no, like fining you or putting in a commercial
meter box that has the meter behind a window so you can’t get at it (all of
this on your dime, too.)

Most utilities will coordinate pulling and replacing a meter without too much
hassle. You break the seal and you’re in for some serious hurt.

-D