On 2021-07-15 14:25, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:

Most utilities will coordinate pulling and replacing a meter without
too much hassle. You break the seal and you’re in for some serious
hurt.

Sometimes they want to see your county permit before they turn the power back on, which is a hassle when you weren't engaged in a permitted project in the first place. I'd like to get rid of my aluminum service hookup, but I'm not paying four digits for a licensed electrician to run three 10' pieces of 3/0 wire in an existing conduit. Along with the fact that I never willingly give money to anybody who is or was an IBEW member.