Yeah, that 747 was something else.

I had the best and the worst seats in Tourist class on a trip to Germany --
back in those days you got your seat assignment at checkin, and I had lots of
time in Chicago on the way over.  Got a nice seat in the emergency exit row
over the wing, a row of seats is removed for that.  Infinite foot room.

On the way back, my sister screwed around and I got to the Frankfort airport
pretty late for an international flight, so got stuck in the last row, window
seat.  The fuselage taper intrudes on the floor space there, so I had a little
triangle for my feet maybe 16x14x6".  Horrible flight, left at 1:30 pm local
time and arrived at 3:30 pm local time, passenger next to me chain smoked the
whole trip.

Great plane though, pilots loved them.