I flew them regularly to Europe (KLM) and Asia (Northwest) in business class.
I’ve never flown in a 747 in coach, thank goodness.

One of the best flights I had in one, a -400 variant, was on a flight to
Schipol (Amsterdam) from Chicago. About 20 minutes into the flight my seat back
broke. The purser came up and was all pissed off because they apparently put an
emergency repair order in during the turnaround in Chicago and the FBO folks
claimed to have fixed it. Apparently not.

First and business were full, so they told me I could go to coach on the main
deck. Nope, sorry, not an option for what the company was paying. The cabin
crew huddles, the purser goes into the flight deck and comes back out.

“Would you come with me, please?”

Since it was a trans-Atlantic flight there was only one crew on board, so the
crew bunk room on the upper deck just behind the flight deck was unoccupied.
They let me crash in there for the remainder of the flight. It was a little
cramped, but far more comfortable as I got to lay down in a bunk and watch the
movies. They were very apologetic and kept bringing me all sorts of goodies to
eat during the flight (I never drink when I fly, especially on business.) Even
got a really good nap or two in, too.

Best flight ever.

-D