Mostly because they are the ones who get exposed to it, I would think. Don't know what the situation is in other countries but here in Manitoba, Canada, over 75% have had one dose of vaccine and over 55% have had 2 doses. Available now to anyone over the age of 12. Hopefully they will decide it is OK for children and be able to vaccinate those even younger. Most of us older folks have had both doses for a month or more now. No real side effects that I am aware of. I was a bit tired the day after the 2nd dose. My wife felt a bit of flu like symptoms on the day after her 2nd dose but it only lasted for maybe 4 or 5 hours and then she was back to normal. We both had Pfizer.