Towed off of your property? Or were they parked in the street?

Here there's a pretty good chance of a non-plated car parked in the street
being towed eventually. Never heard of it happening on one's own private
property.

Some HOAs have rules against having a non-plated car, boat/trailer parking, etc.

Allan