Definitely, the insulation guys will be doing this from below. Just having the
insulation sorted should eliminate the ice dams, and this house definitely had
them based on what we can see on the ceilings in a couple of areas. When the
roof is done they will install the ice dam material on the lower portion of the
roof as well. Not sure what it’s called but I know of it having lived in cold
climates.

-D