Marble Hill outside of Hanover, IN. My great uncle on my Mom’s side of the
family had owned land along the bluffs on the Ohio River east of Madison, near
Hanover, IN. We spent summers down there at his “cabin” on Elbow Road that was
on the bluffs overlooking the Ohio River. I don’t recall who it was that did
the land acquisition for Marble Hill, but great uncle became a GREAT uncle
after they bought up parts of his land to get access to the Ohio.

That one got partially built until they caught the GC fudging on the concrete
work for the containment domes. That pretty much torpedoed the project, and it
took down a utility company and a number of contractors in the process.

I did work at the Crystal River nuke plant here in FL before Duke Energy took
it over and shuttered it. It was a frightening experience. The level and
quality of maintenance was really, really scary. Like duct tape and JB Weld
sort of stuff. My in-laws lived within sight of the plant at the time, and when
I got home I convinced the wife to talk her parents into moving.

-D