Maybe we should find someone who has invested in uranium mines who could help us out

--FT

On 3/9/22 3:50 PM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
uranium fell back to $8/lb.
So, a pound of uranium would run my house for how long?
At about 20,000 kWH/lb I could run my house at full feed load,
electric furnace turned to '11', doors left open, my wife in charge
of the lights, and everything else turned on too, for 16 days.

Should be able to stretch it to a month, easy, under normal
use patterns.  (Perhaps three.)  I'd be OK with an $8/month
power bill.  With any reasonable co-generation implementation,
the waste heat would be used in the home, and that $8 could
perhaps easily stretch to a year.

Of course, uranium has gone up, apparently rather a lot recently.
(It was $11/lb in 2003, and $100/lb in 2007.)  Even so, still sounds
pretty affordable.

Now, if only there was a "Mr. Fission" desktop reactor...

The US Govt is sitting on some billion (!) pounds of
uranium, in the form of depleted UF6.  Only needs Mr. Fission
and some slight enrichment in order to be ready to go!

-- Jim

--FT