It had not run since bambi put a hole in the radiator in Nov. It started and ran fine after the new radiator and condenser were installed. After they finished charging the AC is when they noticed it didn't want to run more than 1000 rpm, then it got worse until it will now only start and run a couple of seconds, then starves for fuel. I told them to push it to the side and leave it until I can get there to work on it. I think there has to be a simple explanation.

Compressor is ok and the linkage is moving freely. It has not been disturbed as far as I know. I will check all that when I get there.

The fact that it started and seemed to run fine initially seems to be an argument against the stuck rack theory. I'd like to try Jim's suggestion to pressurize the vacuum shut down and Marshall's suggestion about the crankcase vent.

Temporarily sticking an electric fuel pump in the feed line would allow me to check fuel pressure right up to the fuel inlet at the Inj. pump like I used to do with the hand primer.

<rant> The DNR says they are trying to "grow" the population of deer up to 15 per square mile. In the area where the bambi attack happened, herds of 15-25 in small fields are not unusual. They are WAY over 15 per square mile. More like 15 per quarter of a quarter section (40 acres) Even at half that density, it is 4320 per square mile. I'd like to see the herd thinned to where it was stable, like 30 years ago. Now they are so thick, and so desperate for territory, they are no longer afraid of people, houses etc. They go trotting down the streets of towns and cities. When I lived there, I had 3 bedding in my yard. DNR=morons </rant>

Loren

At 12:01 AM 6/8/2006, you wrote:

On Jun 7, 2006, at 9:21 PM, Loren Faeth wrote:

> Got a question guys!

How did it run before left idling for the AC work? Is linkage moving
freely? Is the compressor seizing up?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am