To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [Bulk] Re: [Fwd: Wheel Paint]

I sand blasted my wheels, cleaned them with acetone, several light coats
of epoxy primer, several light coasts of base coat, and about 10 light
layers of clear coat. I used a professional spray gun..Wheels look
better than new cuz no clear coat in that era.
   suggest used light sprays of each application with a spray
can...those new spray can which can be recharged seem to look good in
theory. Keep in mind the more moisture in the air, fish eyes will appear
on the painted surface......

Bill
1981 300 TD

Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:
John Peterson posted a while ago about his experience with 124 wheel
paint. Can't remember the source.

Dwight Giles, Jr
1979 240D auto, 250K + miles
1990 300D 2.5t, 130K miles
Wickford, RI
Bissell Cove Quahog & Auto Salvage Co.

Has anyone found any place with low prices on Wurth or equivilent
silver paint for alloy wheels?  I'll need the clear also - Griots has
a Wurth equiv individually or as a package for $60 including 2 cans of

silver and 2 of clear, a silicone, etc cleaner and zinc spray to
stabilize the surface.
  The
individual can of ciler and clear are $9.99 each.

In the past, listers have given good reports about both products. Most
important seems to be preparation of the wheels and using VERY many
light coats.

Marshall