I was visiting some friends last night at Pawleys Island and some other friends from Beaufort down the coast a ways were there. Interestingly most of these folks tend toward the bluer end of the spectrum but also have some sense.  We got talking about the growth in our respective areas, and it seems that most of it is due to yankee carpetbagger infestations who leave their expensive sh**holes up north and come here with their bad ideas and habits.  It has gotten really bad around me, I go to the store down the road and half of the plates are from up north and the people drive and act like total @$$h01e$.  A lot of them moved here during the covids and just stayed.  One guy from Beaufort asked "but why here, it's not like the places they came from" and I told him because it is kinda the last stop before Florida, and most of them can't stand the idea of living in a known white trash state (even though SC is pretty white trash in a lot of areas) so they settle here.  Plus it is relatively cheap and warm to be doing outside stuff most of the year.  He agreed with that.  I also pointed out that SC was a good day's drive from Ohio, 10-12hr whereas Florida would require an overnighter then another day of driving. Hence gobacktoohio.com

Most of them have no interest in learning the history, culture, people, land, or environment, they like to live in their gated artificial communities and play tennis and golf and bitch about the locals.  And try to do their developments and mess up what is already there.

--FT

On 6/12/22 11:01 AM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
Yes. Thank god the new Tesla plant did not get built in tulsa and it went to
Austin instead.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2022, at 9:35 AM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

California and New Yorkers are turning red states blue. It will only get
better.

Rick

From:mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: June 12, 2022 9:31 AM
To:mercedes@okiebenz.com
Reply-to:mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc:ka...@striplin.net
Subject: [MBZ] What is it with idiots?

Pull into gas station, all 4 diesel pumps are occupied so I pull in behind a
fiat 500 with nobody in sight. Finally she shows up out of the store after
doing her shopping and stares at me pointing to all the other empty gas pumps.
She then proceeds to pump. You mean she has not even start yet. After she
finished she once again gives me the stink eye and points to the other pumps. I
roll the window down and inform her she is occupying the diesel pump lane. She
had Texas plates but appeared to be from California, or so she behaved.

Sent from my iPhone

--FT