The wagon got swiped by some dude at school dropoff, so his insurance is
paying for me to drive a Tesla for a couple weeks. Model Y. Basic model.

There are some things to get used to, for instance you dont turn the car
off. You just put it into park and get out and walk away and it locks
itself up.

 The screen is like learning a new software program. Works well for t gh e
mostpart but not what I am looking for when I get in a car. It would be
better with some manual a/c controls.

Rarely use the brakes at all. Taking foot off accelerator brings the car to
a halt more aggressively than I usually brake.

The auto steer chirps for no apparent reason sometimes to save me from
myself I guess.

Handling is like driving a stiffly sprung SUV. Definitely not a luxury
ride.

Ridiculously quick. I find myself accelerating to speeds I would never
consider in the diesel between stop signs for example.

The driver assist stuff is all helpful to keep you from running into stuff
and make you aware of your surroundings. These cars are going to be
involved in fewer acceidents than normal cars, for sure.

So yes they make speed boring but in general it seems hard to argue with it
for a city car: no point source emissions, quiet, crashworthy, less brake
dust, cameras all over constantly recording, never go to a gas station or
get your oil changed. If you dont need a truck and can spend 50k on a car
there are far dumber vehicles to buy for most americans. Radio is truly
excellent and kids love the glass roof.

I really want one of those new corolla grx things though. 300hp on 1.6L has
to be some kind of record for a production car and they probably will not
make them very long. Owning a Lexus gx460 for four years has made me a
toyota fan.