On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 13:34:49 +0000 "dan penoff.com via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Here is an example like I described from an RV setup, but it’s with 100
> pound tanks:
>
> <https://www.etrailer.com/question-248281.html>

> Here is a good description of how they work. Most of what I've seen in
> searches is geared towards RV setups, but the same arrangement is done
> with larger tanks in home installations as well. The determining factor
> would be the BTU rating of the regulator so it can handle the volume of
> gas required. That is, allow enough gas to flow to adequately supply
> the heater(s).
>
> https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lpgasmagazine.com%2Funderstand-automatic-changeover-regulators%2F

Good information, Dan! Thank you for it!

The 12ft.io website is interesting in the way it removes a pay-wall.

I went to www.lpgasmagazine.com to see what else they had and no matter
what I did, it thought I had an ad blocker running.

The article you linked references Cavagna North America, with a link to
its website. They are a manufacturer of propane equipment which is
different from what the manufacturers to whom I have been exposed make.

I downloaded and saved their catalog (from
https://cavagnana.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Propane_Catalog_CNA_2022_5CA1419N_rev13.2_WEB.pdf)

Their website also has interesting sections on

        Training & Tutorials
    https://cavagnana.com/category/training-tutorials/

        and Downloads
    https://cavagnana.com/download/

From the Downloads, I downloaded the LP-Gas Service Technician's Handbook.
It explains why their products are different:

                        American Inspired,
                        Italian Engineered,
                        Service Tech Approved!

The Handbook also has a lot of information helpful to users of propane.

Craig