We first bought from LLB in 1971 IIRC. We have a LOT of shirts, jeans, and
other clothes from them. We also had their Visa card for the LLB store
rewards.Then the nephew, or whomever, took over. He dropped the lifetime
warranty (not that we ever used it), changed the card from Chase VISA to
Mastercard (we started getting fraudulent charges that were hell to get
taken off), and the quality of the tee-shirts my wife was buying dropped
significantly )for her). We haven't been back since. The shift from the
best for the customer to the best for the bottom line ruined the brand for
us.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 9:27 AM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> A couple times I'd buy a pair of hiking boots, wear them for like 3 months
> until a stitch pulled out or something and return them. I'm hard on shoes
> so the "failure" was really just normal wear.
>
> In the intervening years I've bought a LOT of boots there. Actually, next
> time I'm passing through I might buy another pair. Last I knew the LL Bean
> house brand hiking boots were made in Italy...
>
> -Curt
>

> On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 09:31:13 PM EST, Dwight Giles <
> dwight.gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> yes i have returnedca few items including a winter coat in exchange for
> one with a better zipper. I read a book on LLB- some woman returned a bunch
> of shirts her departed husband left behind.
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2022, 7:36 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > The interesting thing about the LL Bean policy was that when I was in
> high school I abused the crap out of it. After I realized it was a stupid
> and jerky thing to do I became a very loyal customer. I'm still quite fond
> of the place and experience significant nostalgia going there. I remember
> when it was just one big room. I'm sure I've spent enough money with them
> over the years to make up for my previous activity.
> >
> > Unfortunately not everybody grows out of it...
> >
> > -Curt
> >

> > On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 06:34:08 PM EST, Dimitri Seretakis via
> Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >

> > It’s a ridiculous policy but abusing it will only put them out of
> business and/or result in price increases to compensate. I wouldn’t return
> a used oil filter on principle regardless of their return policy. When I
> was in college in Maine, I’d abuse the overly lenient return policy of next
> door LL Bean. In retrospect, it was an immature and jerky thing to do!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Dec 19, 2022, at 5:30 PM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Returned oil filters to FCPEuro or claimed the lifetime replacements.
> I have 3 old ones I was going to see about getting replacements.  I had
> ordered some of the same items a few weeks ago and have ordered others in
> the past. Do they actually want nasty old filters back?
> >>
> >> I guess I can check with them tomorrow. If they want them back I guess
> a postal service flat rate envelope or similar would be the way to go. With
> 3 I’d come out ahead I think.
> >>
> >> --FT
> >> Sent from iFōn

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!