The Albatross is headed for Vancouver WA,
Ooh, so close I can almost smell it hahahahaha!

The Albatross has been sold.  A nice young woman in NE Portland
with a bunch of biodiesel-head friends was interested in moving
'down' for financial reasons (trading in a newer Civic for the
240D, a bicycle, and enough cash to stake her in school) and
really liked the idea of owning her first Benz, and her first
diesel.  She liked the interior room of the car, the more upright
(and higher seating), and the fact that the car did not scrape in
her steep driveway (unlike the Honda).  She found the seats to be
exceptionally comfortable.  The 240D, though larger than the
Civic, was not as ponderous as she had feared.  The car will be
mostly city driven, with an occasional highway road trip to visit
family.  (I told her to leave it in S except on the highway.)

She has mechanically-minded friends and family, and an older
car held no fears for her.  Her man once drove his VW bus to
Guatemala, so I think the car will be in good company!

ORDOT gave her no trouble, the car is already plated.  We
delivered the car only yesterday.  (She called when she had
trouble starting, but before we could return her call she'd
whipped out the owner's manual and followed the starting
instructions therein.  No problem starting then.)

We got half a dozen calls (and unreceived e-mails) on the car
once its new locations had been advertised.

-- Jim