Congrats, Jim! I'm still workin' with my 300CD. It has new tires on it now, and it's running better. It sure does puff blue smoke at times (I think that there's a weak hole too). As far as power goes, its probably a 270CD. I'm gonna keep on floggin' it hard and hope that it comes around. I've got nothin' to lose since I've only got $800 in it including the tires, tags and title transfer. I do need to replace the right front wheel bearing (any gotchas involved in that job)? I thought that the hum was coming from the rear of the car, but with the floormats out, I can REALLY feel the vibration beneath my feet while sitting in the passenger's seat. I've done older American cars with drum brakes (a corvair car and a Greenbrier van), but never a disk brake equipped car which shouldn't make much difference other than removing the caliper.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1981 300CD 204K miles, Giesela