270CD. I'm gonna keep on floggin' it hard and hope that it comes around.

And why wouldn't it?  The 240D did!

tags and title transfer. I do need to replace the right front wheel bearing
(any gotchas involved in that job)?

Naw, it's pretty easy as these things go.  It was trivial on the 240D
'cause I just swapped hubs with the parts car.

but never a disk brake equipped car which shouldn't make much difference
other than removing the caliper.

It's even easier than drum brakes because you don't need to back off
the adjuster.  Caliper's just two bolts.  Once the hub is off you just
pound out the old race, wipe out the lube, use the old race to drive in
the new one, regrease and reassemble.

-- Jim