on 6/21/06 10:19 AM, LarryT at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When you say it's eating fuel I assume you mean it's getting poor fuel
> mileage?  It's been  my experience on my '78 240D is it gets 24-26mpg - and
> this is with a perfect engine.  The engine was rebuilt 30k miles ago and
> everything was rebuilt or replaced except the injection pump which seems to
> work perfectly.

When I say eating, I mean that for how the fuel gauge drops, I should be
smelling a massive leak somewhere, but no such luck.

What I mean is using nearly quarter of a tank of fuel for 3-4 hours idling
time. Actually it probably uses more at idle (when it still has the miss)
than on the road.

--
"Mac"
Steve MacSween