on 6/21/06 11:44 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I wouldn't put too much stock in the PO's comment that the IP timing is  dead
> on.  He may have overlooked a step, or his interpretation of the  beginning
> of stroke was flawed.
>
> Do it yourself.  Didn't you adjust your valves yourself?  Also,  check timing
> chain stretch.  The 616 requires manual oil additions to the  injection pump.
> A low oil level could be causing problems with the  governor and rack.

Jim, it was a local independent I have good experience with, who checked the
pump timing and delivery.

For adding oil to the pump, possibly you are thinking of the OM616s in
w115s? I don't think this pump has any provision for adding oil, it's much
the same as my SD pump, but with four pots and no ALDA.

TKS

mac