On Jun 21, 2006, at 4:28 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

Is your 190D an automatic? 32 is really quite poor unless it all city
driving. I ALWAYS drive my 190D 2.x s (5 spd or auto) with the pedal to the floor!! That make remarkably little difference. Highway speeds much
above 60 will lower mileage, but on the highway my auto always did
better than 35 and the 5 spds better than 38.. It took a year or more
(20+kmi) after I switched to synthetic oil before they got there though! Had to blow out all the crud that was left from the previous owners I guess.

Marshall

Our 190D Euro 2.5 na, auto gets 36ish no matter what, our 190D 2.2 5spd hung between 37.7 mixed and 41.2 hwy. Neither was babied. The Euro 2.5 improved from low 34s since we've had it. It's very hilly around here

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am