Probably getting scammed by a Nigerian for gift cards or iTunes cards. Happens
all the time.

Floor limit might have been more than what you bought, or they “recognized”
your card and gave you a pass.

For what it’s worth, I always run my debit card as a credit card at
WallyWhirled. They have to py more in merchant’s fees that way. I also use my
grocery list to cover the camera on the terminal while I check out. Just fold
it in half and drop it over the top of the display where the camera is. Yeah, I
know they have cameras all over the place, but this is my way of giving them a
big FU.

-D