Grant, point 3 is wrong, there are giant battery shredders that automatically
separate batteries into their separate components. They do it inside of a magic
fluid so the lithium doesn't catch fire as would like to do.

I feel like a lot of the arguments against electric cars are "humans are too
stupid to make this work." which ignores our ability to make all sorts of stuff
work. 120 years ago all the brightest minds of the age said that gas fired cars
were idiotic, why pay for gas when you could get a horse? Besides which you'd
need to get gasoline somewhere, grass was everywhere...

Now that I think of it just about every argument against electric cars now
reflects a similar argument against gas powered vehicles in the time of the
horse. The largest being "Electric cars can't replace gas powered cars in every
way." well no duh, and they don't need to. A 200 mile capacity electric car
will replace 80-90% of most people's needs. All of us have multiple cars, it'd
be just a matter of choosing the other one on a day when the electric car
doesn't meet your needs.

-Curt

On Tuesday, May 7, 2024 at 01:05:22 PM EDT, G Mann via Mercedes