Burned more oil on the trip there and back, something like 1qt/200 or less
miles....makes me think I'm on the right track, just have 2 leaky turbos
now.....

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:24:54 -0500, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

keep us posted.

Luther Gulseth wrote:

Remember this one?  1qt oil burned every 250-300 miles.  Compression is all
320-380, injectors are clean and good spray.  Runs like a scared cat (right
Kaleb?).  Very minimal drops of oil (2-5 during 9 hours at work) under car each
day and no spray on the bottom or back of the car like my SD.  Where's the oil
going?

I R&R'd the turbo today with the one from the '82 300D.  Getting the turbo off the
Blue Bomber was a pain.  Spent nearly 1.5 hours on the bottom front nut.  Some Kroil,
lots of time, and finally the longest 3/8" ratchet that we had with a pipe wrench
on the end at a right angle.  Pushing against the pipe wrench....digging a trench in the
ground with my feet, the nut finally gave way.  Anyway.....getting the turbo off the CD
was MUCH easier...less than 30 mins.  First thing I noticed when I pulled the turbo off
the CD...the intake manifold inside was COVERED in FRESH oil.  Same with the little tube
between turbo and manifold and the turbo inside itself.  There are very minimal amounts
of oil in the air cleaner and pipe that connects to the turbo intake.  I am fairly
certian this is (was?) the cause of my oil loss.  I will know for sure when I arrive
back from StL on Monday.

--
Luther   KB5QHU
Alma, Ark