Mercedes will be more than happy to sell me an entire turbo for about
10 times more than I paid for my first car. They know me well and when
they saw the price, they just shook their heads knowing I would not
like what they had to tell me. They do not sell turbo parts. They do
not fix them either - at least not the dealers around me.

-Dave Walton
87SDL, 94S350, 99E300

On 9/7/06, LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
you wrote:<<if I could get the parts, I would not need to buy a used one
from the junkyard. I'd
> rebuild the one I have.>>

Does that mean MB does not sell the parts?  Or you haven't tried to get the
rebuild parts?  I wonder if they're available from the turbo manufacturer?
Can't recall the name at the moment but they're a subsidiary of
Allied-Signal now Honeywell.

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.