That's my philosophy as well.  They are completely rebuildable, but not by
me.  No, they're not that complicated, but I don't terribly want to get
something "just a hair off" and have it spinning at 50K or 100K rpm's....
(:
Personally, if I have a turbo problem, I'm either looking for a used one, or
I'm sending mine off for a rebuild.  That's what happens on the rare
occasion that a turbo dies on one of the tractors on our family farm.

Levi