On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Zoltan Finks wrote:
> > the specialty places for compatible hose except for the return lines,
> > they generally carry those here :
> >
> > http://www.greaseworks.org/index.php?module=pncommerce&func=itemview&ItemID=39

The inside diameter of the hose for a '99 E300D is the same as the older
stuff. The outside is a different diameter (larger) which should not cause
a problem, and the rubber is a different color.. (a tad brownish). Try
using that, and it is a "stock" part (for a different car, but who cares
:)..

I know this since I used the old stuff on my 99 E300Dt when the hoses
failed .. it has sat on there for 20k/6mos with no ill effect (it is
starting to weep again I think, judging by the starting noise) .. I have
the proper stuff here in a box now, but why mess with something that
works?

-j.