As far as Frybrid systems, the guy makes some impressive looking kits, but I wouldn't spend another dime with the lying SOB. The guy has a real bad reputation for taking people's money and not delivering a kit for 3 months or more. Knowing that, I considered buying a Davco heated filter from the guy, but I emailed him first to see if he had them in stock , ready to ship before I ordered. He told me he had plenty and would ship that day. I paid him and a couple of months later, and no responses to emails or calls, still no filter. I finally get a hold of him and he tells me that he has them drop shipped from the factory and it went out the day before. The filter gets to me FINALLY and on the paperwork with it, he had not even placed the order with Davco until the day after I got him on the phone , so the guy had just been hanging onto a few hundred dollars of my money for a couple of months.

Then, on his website, he advertises the filter as coming with the special filter wrench.......no wrench. After another long set of attempts to get a hold of him, he lies again and tried to tell me that HE never advertised that and got nasty with me. He finally changed his tune after I directed him to his own website where he could see his own webpage. Then he tells me that, OK, he was going to send me a filter wrench.
About a year later, still no filter wrench, and he won't respond.

There are a number of suppliers out there with consistantly good reputations like http://www.plantdrive.com/ ( I've bought parts from them a few times, great service, and really good kits if going that route ) http://www.greaseworks.org/ ( got a few goodies from them, good folks ) Or Greasecar ( have a friend there, but they do make a good kit )

--------Robert

Rory wrote:
Maybe some of you all can help me out.
I'm trying to decide if I should convert my 97 Dodge Ram 3500 to run
on veggie oil using the Frybrid system (no I don't want anybodys
else's system) or take that money and buy a Mercedes.

Here are my stats.
I drive 120 miles total to and from work
Frybrid system $2300 with a 90 gallon tank
Fuel $3.10
Avg. MPG 19

I think the 190 will get the best MPG but are kinda rare.
Could go the VW route but hard to find at the right price

So just looking for feedback.
Oh and gas powered is not an option for me, I love oil burners.

Thanks all

Rory