No Kidding,
Many years ago I drove a bus in Los Angeles, I thought that was a hectic as it could get, but I used to see a buddy regularly and he always looked like he was on vacation, turned out he had spent 15 years doing local delivery in a semi...in Mexico City! LA traffic really was a vacation for him.

That said after driving commercially nationwide, Albuquerque NM has definitely got the worst drivers in the country, not only technically bad but crazy at the same time.

Kansas City is by far the most relaxed place in the country to drive, even in rush hour, everyone drives consistent speed and roads are well marked at regular intervals making finding your way simple.

NYC is the most fun, the drivers are aggressive, but very skilled. Remarkably few accidents and rarely more than 2 vehicles involved when it happens. I used to actually enjoy driving through there in an oversized semi! Traffic lights and lines in the road mean nothing, sidewalks are fair game, the only rule is to get from point A to point B without hitting anything :-) You haven't lived until you've run that racecourse in something 75 ft long and 8.5 ft wide in morning rush hour. Short track racing is an adrenalin let down after that.

---------Robert

Jeff Zedic wrote:
I agree with Hendrik....none of those "bad" drivers would last ten seconds in Cairo or Tehran. In Tehran, not only do they not bother with lanes or stoplight colours, they don't even care what SIDE of the road they use! Not to mention the sidewalks!

Ever feeling suicidal, try crossing the roads there as a pedestrian.

lol

Jeff Zedic
Toronto