Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> Well heck, I was just hearing on the radio today how the prius I think
> is rated at 48mpg city, and 30 something highway.  Also, take into
> account there is no official govt testing to rate hybrids so they go by
> what the car maker tells them.

Are you sure about that?  I thought they went through the same EPA drive
cycle as other cars.  The problem is the EPA drive cycle tends to play
to the hybrids' strengths, resulting in inflated mileage numbers.  The
EPA is in the process of revising the drive cycle test to more
accurately reflect modern driving conditions -- among other things, to
take into account higher freeway speeds and air conditioner use.