On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:56:17 -0400 "Trampas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Back in my day we would have hooked up a push button. Then told him push
> the button in, count to 10 then start.

Get the pencil plugs installed, wire them all in parallel, and connect
them to one side of a Ford-style starting relay. Connect the other side
through a 70A fuse to the battery. Connect one side of the relay's coil to
the battery and the other to a pushbutton inside the passenger compartment
which is then connected to ground.

Push the button in, count to 10 (or 30 or 60 if it's cold) and crank it
over. After the engine is turning, you can push the button in again for
custom post-start glowing to smooth out the running and reduce emissions.

Craig