The 79 240D we rescued from the rust demon / crusher is having trouble
coping with the suddenly cold Pa fall. Specifically, it's not starting
well. Last weekend my son and I adjusted the valves and I think we
improved things a bit there. Last night I turned my attention back to the
glow plug system and to my dismay, I found that it is indeed an old loop
style series system. (Verified by pulling a plug to make doubly sure.)

I chatted with Rusty this morning and found out that, unfortunately, the
Bosch conversion kits are unavailable (backordered). The replacement
pencil plugs are available however. So I'm trying figure out what my
options are for a conversion without the kit. I have the guts of the glow
system from my deceased 82 300D (including the control module and wires)
if that's worth anything.

Any advice from some of our more handy list members (Jim Cathey?) greatly
appreciated.

I really don't want my son to have to wrestle and pray each time he tries
to get the car started after school..

...Kevin

87 300TD 280k mi
79 240D 157k mi