I loved driving my 220D (1970) on the highway. I think I got around 30
MPG. I think the 115 is a better highway driver than the 123 series -
the 107 shares a lot of the suspension.

I think mine had power steering. The AC was after market, and I
removed it to gain better access to the alternator.

I have replaced the fan on two 115 cars - the first by the book. 20
hours is a good estimate - though I think it took me longer, I did it
in one weekend. The second one was through the speaker hole - about
half the time - one long day.

Mine had the manual tranny - four on the column. Rust killed it (it's
first 100K were as a daily driver in MN). I don't remember it being
any slower than a 240D - but there were a lot of years between driving
the two ---

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK