To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DaimlerCrysler's latest blunder

LarryT wrote:

Mitch wrote:<<1/2 scale model of a Porsche 962>>

Sign me up for one of those too!  That'll cause quite a stir down at the
Dairy Queen!
;-)

Apparently, you can already buy kei cars in Toronto.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1160042417415&call_pageid=970599119419

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/24/japanoid-where-you-buy-the-bottom-rung-of-gran-turismo-4

http://samurai-auto.net/stock_list.php?list=wp&page=2

I'll have to dig out my old R&T magazines and find out if the Mazda/962 was ever produced, or if it was just a show car. I can't find any reference to it on the net. The one I saw was blue & white and looked like it was ready for LeMans. Those twin turbo 660s are required to develop no more than 64 advertised hp, but I bet some of
them were way over in reality.