Curt Raymond wrote:
> If its bad enough out that I can't get somewhere in my 190D I shouldn't be
> out on the streets because its not safe no matter what.

I'm guessing you live somewhere flat.

When I lived in Houghton, MI, there were sometimes places I couldn't get
to because I didn't have enough traction to climb the hills.  Driving
was otherwise reasonably safe, I just didn't have enough grip in my 2WD van.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have unreasonable expectations of what
4WD can do, and they get themselves in trouble.  When we had a snowstorm
here in the Seattle area earlier this week, I counted a lot more SUVs in
the ditch than passenger cars.  My guess is the SUV drivers were driving
with less caution due to their "superior" vehicles, or maybe went out
when passenger car drivers decided to stay home.