I disagree -- I had my car definitely NOT start after having the lose belt,
because the battery didn't have enough juice in it.

On 12/5/06, Michael Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Move south, its warmer there.

Red Batt light indicates a faulty charging system, probably a voltage
regulator.  You say the car hasn't been started yet, so LT's 1 & 2 don't
apply, I'd guess you have a voltage leak through the voltage regulator.

Glow system is voltage dependent - if the car won't turn over, you don't
have enough volts.  The leak through the reg is probably causing your
battery to charge very little, and probably damaging the alternator.

good luck
Mike