This light is on, the car is not.  Can't be a loose belt.

Mike

On 12/5/06, LT Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I disagree -- I had my car definitely NOT start after having the lose
belt,
because the battery didn't have enough juice in it.

On 12/5/06, Michael Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Move south, its warmer there.
>
> Red Batt light indicates a faulty charging system, probably a voltage
> regulator.  You say the car hasn't been started yet, so LT's 1 & 2 don't
> apply, I'd guess you have a voltage leak through the voltage regulator.
>
> Glow system is voltage dependent - if the car won't turn over, you don't
> have enough volts.  The leak through the reg is probably causing your
> battery to charge very little, and probably damaging the alternator.
>
> good luck
> Mike
>
> On 12/5/06, MICHAEL ESH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > I just went out to start my 1981 300sd and the battery was stone cold
> > dead.  It started fine two days ago. I put a charger on and walked out
> 15
> > minutes ago and red battery indicator light is on.  It stays on with
key
> in
> > the off or on position.  In addition the glow light did not come on
when
> > tried starting it.  It is about 20 digress F out there tonight.  I did
> not
> > start.  I am going out to try it again.....Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike  in Michigan

Most men want to spend time in the garage. As for me, I'd much rather be
in
the kitchen -- cooking, not eating.