-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 2:12 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 Antenna

You just need a new mast, about $30 or so.

Unscrew the bezel at the base of the antenna with the mast down as far
as it will go, then switch radio on or set antenna switch to full up
and pull the "tail" out of the antenna housing as it comes free.  Note
which way the teeth go!

Wipe a bit of silicone grease on the new "tail", insert it in the same
orientation as the old one and push down until it stops.  Have someone
switch the antenna switch to the "down" position and feed the new
"tail" and antenna mast into the motor box, then re-install the bezel.

Check the grommet while you are at this -- a good time to replace it if
it's hard.  Take the antenna motor out (one nut, I think), pull the old
grommet out from inside, push the new one through the hole, put the
motor box back in, then pull the new mast in.

May take a couple tries to get it to go all the way down if you don't
get the teeth started soon enough, but it's easier next time -- just
run the antenna motor all the way up, it will grab correctly when you
switch it down again.

Lightly grease the mast with silicone grease or spray silicone lube
(the grease lasts longer, I use Loctite 51360 since it has many other
uses as well (like getting bushings in).

Peter