With a good battery and everything in perfect order my 240D would start at
-10F. The 190D starts easier at 10F than the 240D did so I expect it'll be able
to start at even colder minimum temps.

-Curt

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:37:27 -0600
From: "Tom Hargrave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The big test
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

14F was about the lowest my 300D would start unassisted. By the way,
you'll
do better keeping a charger on the battery. Batteries start really
loosing
capacity at those temps & a charger will help keep it warm. Back when I
lived in the frigid North (western NY State), we used to buy plug-in
heat
pads that would sit in the battery tray, under the battery. The pad
would
keep the battery warm enough to start the car regardless of the
temperature.
I wonder if they are still available.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave