I don't know, but I was under the impression that modern systems used pretty
high pressure.

I do know that the fuel injection system on this '84 Saab is an older type -
I think they switched the next year to something more advanced. There is
actually a neoprene-type hose running to each cylinder on this car. I think
the system is more manual than the more modern type. I heard that this
system is not looked upon favorably by enthusiasts.

Nary a problem before this one though.

Brian

On 1/20/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could the gas really be "bad" enough to cause my engine to flat quit?

I think so.  Either by slugging the FI system with water, or
by just plain clogging up the filter.  Don't modern EFI systems
run high volume/pressure and return quite a lot to the tank?

-- Jim