Actually, the word "Diesel" hasn't been displayed on M-B trunks in quite a while. Examples: the late '80s SDLs just had "Turbo"; the '90 300D had "2.5 Turbo".

Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "kevin kraly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bluetec word used in place of Diesel?

The one-year-only 1987 300D doesn't have the word Diesel on the trunk, just the D in the model name and the Turbo badge on the right side. I guess this
Bluetec" thing takes it one step further.  BTW, is there any badging on VW
Diesels other than the TDI badge?  It's funny that a Diesel car isn't
"cool", but any pickup powered by such an engine is clearly visible, D I E S
E L!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD TURBO DIESEL 266K miles, Ursula
2006 Dodge Cummins 24VALVE TURBO DIESEL Q-Cab PU, 2500 miles, the BEAST