To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 9:09 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Mity Vac

Does the Mity Vac come with any T unions to join the tubing to the
line?  Is this something from the dealer or would any machine shop have
them?  I think I remember someone referencing a MB part number for the T
and the tubing.

Thanks friends.

John Peterson

John Peterson wrote:
Thanks, I popped the cover off and turned it 1/2 turn and it tightened
up my shifts.  I had a bit of a slip / flare in the 1-2.
I don't have a MityVac but am going to get one so I can check the
pressure coming into the transmission.

My symptoms were a slow softening of the 1-2 shift over the last few
months, and generally softer shifts on all.  Maybe there is a leak
somewhere and the transmission is getting less pressure, that might
explain needing to turn up the "T".

Transmission is rebuilt MB with 19k on it.

But Marshall is right, no way to tell anything without the MityVac.

If I buy one, anyone in MA CT RI is welcome to borrow it as needed.

John Peterson
1991 300D 2.5 87k

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

That is the new style replacement modulator.  You have to pop that cover
off they adjust it under there.  Uses I think an allen wrench to adjust.

John Peterson wrote:

I put a photo of my modulator at

www.immersionstudio.com/mod.jpg

It has a cream colored cover that looks like it might be an adjusting
knob- I turn it but see no difference in shift firmness.  I don't want
to pry it off if it is not a cover!  This is a MB refurb transmission.

Any input?

John Peterson
1991 300D 2.5 87k
Kingston RI

Gary Thompson wrote:

It's under the little black plastic cap on the left end of the picture attached.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320