Unless you want to hover over the final minutes of the auction, or get one of those crazy bidding helper thingy programs it's best to just put in how much you're willing to pay and let nature take it's course. Of course I'm no ebay vet.

Bob R.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] cheap 190D

Okay, and I assume the benfit of waiting 'til the final 30 seconds is to
disarm your competitors and hope to take advantage of their innatention?

I feel dirty.

Yes, Allan, it does seem that due to the sheer number of people in
competition for an item, that plain old luck comes into play - a bit of
playing the lottery almost.

Brian

On 5/31/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So tell me, what is my best plan of attack? We keep getting outbid by
$10
> automatically.

about 30 seconds before the auction ends, put in the absolute maximum
bid you'd be willing to pay.

Allan

--
1983 300D