-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Zoltan Finks
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:46 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Can backing up a hill cause oil drinkage

It's not using much oil at all. I have a leak at the oil filter lines
that attach to the block. And with this, the level goes down maybe a
pint every, well, so often. I don't put many miles on the thing - I
try not to drive very much. Am fortunate enough to be able to bicycle
much more than I drive.

Another note: I recently added oil. The level was just above the add
mark, and this with the engine completely cold and not run for a day
or so. So I assumed that if it were to be run and cooled and the level
checked, the level would be a bit lower. So I intended to add a pint,
which I thought would bring the level up to half way between the add
and full marks - where it should be, right? But I accidentally added
2/3 of a quart. So perhaps its being a bit fuller than it likes
contributes to the described smoking condition?

Brian
83 240D

On 8/21/07, Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The joker in me says "your car is always burning oil" thats what OM616 means.
>
> Is the car actually burning oil, like is the oil level going down? I for one
> wouldn't worry about it until you're
going through oil like the Exxon Valdez...