The computers don't "suck" signals or bandwidth, for
that matter.  They only create traffic on the network
when there is input or output on the network port.
There are packets that are used to "ping" the access
point from time to time, but they are pretty
insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Your Comcast connection is probably limited in
bandwidth well below what your access point or router
can handle, so wireless bandwidth is not an issue.

If you had a house full of computers and people were
gaming online, that would be one thing, but for 90% of
the typical consumer use, you're not going to know the
difference if there was one or 15 computers on your
wireless system.

I run both a B and G system at home, only because I
have a few machines that are B only.  The drawback of
running a G system is that if you have an A or B
client, speeds drop down to that level for everyone.
Quite honestly, I can't tell a difference.

MacPoos