"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You can usually find a shop that will use your new parts - very few
> will install used parts - but if you ask them to buy the needed
> parts from Rusty you should get Rustys price.

I suppose there are always exceptions but I've never found a shop that
would pass through the cost of parts without a markup.  If they would
even consider ordering from a supplier other than the one(s) they
normally use.

> Rusty lists your alternator for $178 (free shipping).  Sounds like
> your indie is raping you.

Parts markup (within reason) is not "rape" is part of the business
model of a shop.  If they did not mark up parts they would have to
charge more for labor.

I'm not excusing anyone who's abusing his customers, but even
completely ethical shops mark up the parts costs.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230